03 October 2007

Weight bump normal

Weight: 158
Mood: Normal
Meds: 2mg Estrace

Well looks like my weight bump concerns are unfounded. RE's office called yesterday looking for missing STD and bloodtyping panels. We got her straigtened around by the end of the day. They passed me over to the "financial" guru who informed me that the check for $7125 is due cycle day two. DH choked on the figure, but I was more prepared.

I also made a batch of cold-process (homemade/handmade) bar soap last night. I used coconut oil, red clover buds and pink dye. I plan on gifting them to the RE's office for the embryologist and anyone handling my embryos. I also stayed up late to watch The Biggest Loser.

Since this is a quiet day, I'll give more stats on why we are doing IVF.

Me: 35
DH: 36 with daugther from previous marriage

My husband had a vasectomy shortly after the birth of his daughter. The reasons are his and his ex's, but I never consider it a good sign when a child's mother won't do overnight feedings/changings. We married under the assumption that I wanted him first, children second and we'd reopen the subject in 5 years.

So at the 5 year mark my husband graciously went under the knife for a vasectomy reversal (and I lost 115 lbs). We got swimmers at his first post-op visit and assumed we are open for business. We tried to concieve for one year at which time my local OB said head for the RE to figure out it there are any problems.

Being post-vas reversal, the first lab ordered was a semen analysis. Great numbers, great motility and 99% antibodies. So dh's swimmers know where they are going but try as they might the are nerfed at the critical moment. The antibodies may fade in 3-5 years, but then I'll be hitting declining fertility. Therefore we are candidates for IVF with ICSI (iconoclasytic sperm injection).

I really haven't had much labs on my other than a quick exploratory ultrasound where they found my happy little natural follicle for that month. Since I had been tracking LH surges for a year we know I'm ovulating regularly. Theoretically since I'm of normal weight, no thyroid, hormonal, blood sugar, fibroid, POAS, tubal problems we should be a straight forward case.

No comments: