04 October 2007

Buddy's Last Day

Weight: 158.8
Mood: Normal
Medications: 2mg Estrace/Estridol

Today we put our eldest cat to sleep. He had been getting the habit of running in front of vehicles, walked with a pronounced hip displacement and missed the litter box 95% of the time. Our friends won't understand, they think he was the world's best cat, but we had to live with him. He was totally flea ridden but was too arthritic/old to scratch and as of the last few months I was noticing that his eyes where clouding up. He had a good summer, but as the weather turned his quality of life was going to take a nose dive.

As for the IVF journey, things are going well. Dh joked about our friends accidentally finding the meds in the fridge when they come over for gaming next time. I stopped at the bank and had them cut the monster cashier's check. I still haven't told my co-workers that I'm going to be out frequently. I keep putting it off or now at least waiting for Debbie to come back from her motorcycle accident.

At this juncture, the notion of triplets is scaring the hell out of me. I know the RE wants to transfer three in, but I couldn't cope with three. This house is going to get infinately smaller with the addition of one body.

No comments: