20 October 2007

Nine Squares

Weight: 157 lbs
Mood: Normal
Medications: Follistim 150, Menopur 150, Ganerilex Acetate 250

Today is going so much better. Woke up without the alarm, had a leasuirly breakfast and went to the gym first thing for Spinning class. I told Brenda that I was taking an "active recovery" day and wouldn't be doing anything in position 2, which has the most bounce. Gave myself a good workout by modifing resistance instead. I also substituted eliptical machine for the rowing machine to avoid midrif issues.

I finished piecing the top of my nephew, Alex's, quilt today. Simple blue 9 square with 5" squares. This is my 9th quilt so far. I made a log cabin in HS, a 4 square for my bed before I was married, a hex flower one for my step-daughter, a earthtone 9 square for my neice Kimmy (10), a red 4 square for my neice Sammy (9), a pink 9 square for my neice Shayla (6), and two hand pieced crazy quilts which I think? are still at stepdaughter's mom's house. I intended on sending the nice hex flower one home with her, but she claimed the crazy quilt (made from dh's old twin comforter) instead. I thought she was getting grabby, but she explained that she still had a character (Barbie?) comforter, and she was getting a little too big at age 9 for that. So the flower one is on her bed here instead.

I try to give these quilts for Christmas around kindergarten, so it's been about one per year. I'm planning on a purple one for next year for Ella (4), a yellow one for Sara (2), and green for Drake (6 m). I might get more adventurous with the patterns soon. I'm thinking scallops for Ella and some sort of sunburst (diamonds) for Sara. I started another crazy quilt with scraps with no particular use/destination in mind.

I can't for the life of me remember what happened to the crazy quilt I made out of dh's ex's old comforter. I think her little half-brother actually has it. I don't know how Aiden got it...but that where I think it ended up. (Found it eventually at Patty's house)

Did I also mention I make soap?

No comments: