18 October 2007

Still Pokey

Weight: 157.6 lbs
Mood: Normal bordering on happy, getting excited now!
Medications: Follistim 200, Menopur 75

Today was my second stimming ultrasound and blood draw. Same intern/resident doing the ultrasound with the RE. My RE is a real baseball movie & Kevin Costner fan. I felt kinda bad because he was trying to be conversational about something I know nothing about. Didn't want to crush his efforts by saying that I wasnt' exactly into baseball. I'm more of a participant than a spectator.

Either way...today's good news. Looks like 12 follies over 10mm on the left ovary and 4 follies over 10mm on the right. RE asked me if I had any plans for this weekend. He sent me into a bit of a panic. I was supposed to have ultrasound on Saturday and I thought ER this weekend was too soon. So he says "make some plans, enjoy yourself, because I don't need to see you again until Monday." *whew*

I'm very pleased with my left ovary, it's kicking butt! Pretty darn good for a 35 year old collection of proto eggs. Hopefully righty catches up soon. RE and intern/resident both have had problems getting the right ovary to display on the ultrasound. They knocked my Follistim back to 150 and Menopur up to 150 starting tomorrow and added the Ganerilex to mature the follies.

I'm not feeling the ovaries as much anymore, kinda gotten used to their presence. I am avoiding anything resembling a torso twist or anything that is jarring. I also have tried to find more loose pants. RE said I had a little fluid around the ovaries but that was normal.

Dh and I went out to the Walldorff for dinner last night. We didn't get Sushi because they were booked. So we set in the bar and enjoyed a nice normal meal. So no beer and no raw fish for me, so I wasn't even tempted. Dh ordered fish & chips and two Oatmeal Stouts and was quite happy by the time we got home. We saw the sushi and decided that we lucked into a better meal. We are used to "real" sushi and the local offering wasn't exactly "artistic".

No comments: