08 October 2007

The Stink of Clean

Weight: 159.6
Mood: Normal
Medications: 2mg Estrace / Estridol

Cleaning lady started today. I tried to go home for lunch and my kitchen floor was damp. I decided to head for Subway instead. She had the vacuum going in the other room and I didn't want to disturb her too much on the first day.

We decided to go back to a weekly cleaning after about 4 years of going without. We suddenly needed a new car and decided to cut that $134 per month expense to help make the payments. I have missed it ever since. Since both dh and I work full time and are admitted slobs, we really needed the help. What facilitated the rehiring of the cleaning lady is a sudden (somewhat unexpected) raise dh got when he discovered his coworker was getting paid 20% more than he was for the same job. The raise should also help pay down the home equity line that we took out for IVF in about 6 months less time.

I though today would be a good day to explain what my "routine" consists of.

I excercise everday. I track my calorie intake too. Simple fact is that keeping 115lbs of weight off when every gene in my family is programmed to put it back on is a part time job. On Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays I take a 45 minute Spinning Class, do another 15 minutes of cardio in the upper body (Windjammer & Rowing Maching) and try to do about 15 minutes of weights. On Tuesdays, Thurdays & Sundays (in winter) I do a circuit training between cardio and weights for about 1.5 hours. On Fridays I relax and just do anything I want in the gym as long as I keep busy. Summer Sundays are usually bike rides in the country or hikes or maybe even a full day off.

Going to an IVF friendly diet hasn't been too hard for me. I've already kicked the white stuff: sugar, white flour, potatoes, white rice. I try for lean protein sources and nothing that I drink other than alchohol has calories. I also am a fruit & veggie freak. My favorite foods are carrots and apples, neither of which I would have eaten before loosing the weight. I call my diet the lean protein & fiber diet.

I am very predictable. Typical day is Kashi Go Lean Cereal, flaxseed, fruit & skim milk for 1st breakfast. Oatmeal/Wheat Groats for 2nd breakfast. Ham, lettuce, pickle, mustard on a low carb wrap with carrots for lunch. 100 calorie Popcorn or sugar free Jello with low-fat whipped cream for snack. Dinner is whatever my dh makes less the starch, then I snack on popcorn, yogurt, ice cream, veggies, fruit, beer or wine until I make calories for the day or go to bed.

I have been taking a multivitamin with extra folic acid since I started the diet. I started adding L-tyrosine and L-carnatine when we first tried to concieve. They are just amino acids to help offset some issues with secondary ammenorea that I had at the end of the weightloss. L-tyrosine is for low thyroid and L-carnatine is to prevent muscle tissue from stealing protien from the reproductive system. I only take the L-carnatine on days where I lift weights for more than 15 minutes.

Back to waiting for AF. I hope my first appointment doesn't take to long. I have an intern I have to supervise three days a week.

Addendum: AF showed after work. I'm jumping to the conclusion that Wed will be my baseline cause there is no way I am ready for tomorrow morning. Bouncing around the kitchen with nerves.

No comments: