27 October 2007

Ninety-nine Red Balloons

Weight: 159.4 lbs
Mood: Optimistic
Medications: Doxicycline twice per day, PIO 1/2 ml in PM

So I told you about the fabulous pig out, now for the after affect. By bedtime last night I had bloated to a not so healthy 166lbs. All the fluid seemed to be in my post weight lose skin folds around my belly. I didn't have any of the other signs of OHSS, so I decided to be patient and wait until morning before deciding what to do.

Every two hours last night I am up in the bathroom peeing and this morning back down in normal range. I promise to be more careful with my liquids & carbs today. Carbs I know would normally account for some of that, but geez!

We are off to Ypsilanti/Ann Arbor for dsd's soccer game. It's game day at U of M so the place should be a traffice mess. Dh hopes to get downtown and parked so we can window shop while the football freaks are tailgating. My only goal for today was to carve pumpkins with dsd at MIL's house.

Speaking of MIL, we start PIO shots tonight and she's a nurse. We have a real injection professional in the house and we are going to do our PIO shots in her basement under her nose. If you are reading this blog you are either on the short list of people who know, or a stranger. Of course this list seems to grow everytime I look around: our immediate work supervisor's know, my office manager knows something, dh told one of his coworkers, my sister & husband, dh's sister & husband, and our mutual friend Patty, the soon to be massage therapist.

Dh says nurse #2 was impressed that we kept a tight circle on this. I guess many 1st time IVFer's tell everyone and then have to deal with all that attention and emotional crap. Then they get nailed with a negative result and it gets worse. Like I said before, I'm not looking for pity. After the last two days, I'm not sure I'd make a career out of IVF like some people have.

No comments: