13 October 2007

It's Late and I haven't Blogged Yet

Weight: 156.2
Mood: Fine
Meds: Estrace/Estridol 2mg, Follistim 150, Menopur 75
Side effects: Pimples, appetite loss, mild discomfort in lower abs

After midnite and I finally shooed the last house guest out the door. Dh went to bed sick, so I couldn't beg off myself to go rest myself. The last three days I've noticed a decrease in appetite. I didn't think it was a side effect of the meds, but after three days now, it probably is. I also have three tiny pimples, here today gone tomorrow. That is not normal. I also know that I have ovaries now...a wee bit of on again - off again weirdness in the lower abdominals. No pain, just parts shifting about.

I started at the gym as normal, after a night trying to get comforatable sleeping on my side. I was careful with weight lifting, taking core areas slowly to check for any discomfort. I was fine until I got to Spinning class. Normally if it had been Brenda, Wendy, Angie or Lynette, we would have a more sedate class of endurance or strength training. Jon on the other hand likes speed and jumps, something I was leary of doing. I didn't exactly get a stellar workout having a bit of discomfort as my innards tried to adjust to 120 rpms on a stationary bike. The first fifteen minutes of class I held back, then it felt like things relaxed a bit and I was able to finish the class with less concern. I was spending alot of concentration of supporting my abdominals and limiting the amout of "bounce" in my pedal stroke. Any further Spinning classes will have to stay in the seated position or a heavy climb with slow cadance.

After that I drove to Grand Rapids to table at an outdoor event. Spent most of my time on my feet in 50 degree weather. I was glad to come home, even if it was to a houseful. My back is achey from all that standing and ovaries are saying "hello there" with every shift in position. I worry that I knocked a few follicles out of contention today.

After so long promising to myself that I'd be good during IVF, I had a beer last night with dinner. I didn't exactly order it for myself, sipped at it a bit and gave most of it away to a friend. That and they didn't have caffine-free pop at the restaurant. They only had one type of diet even. I'm not a worried about pop as I am about coffee. I did have one cup of regular coffee today that friend purchased for me. Out in 50 degree weather and on my feet, I really wanted the warmup.

I had packed my shots in the cooler with my lunch and hid all my meds in the box on top of the china cabinet (except for Follistim extras in the cheese drawer hidden behind the tofu). I just took my little Follistim med case which I had loaded with the Menopur supplies up to my room and did my injection with all the company downstairs.

I'm really tired now and it is well after midnight. Making pancakes for breakfast tomorrow for step kid and her overnight guest. I hope I sleep well.

No comments: