01 October 2007

My first day on IVF meds!

10/1/2007

Weight: 158.4
Mood: Normal, a little tired from the weekend.
Meds: 2mg Estrace

Today's my first official day on meds. Because I am allergic to the birth control pill (bcp), I am on supression with Estrace (Estridol generic). I would have started injecting Lupron last week if I was on a normal cycle, but it seems that I am on a Lupron "flare" cycle.

I took the pill around 5 am and spent the next hour worrying that the allergic reaction I had to bcps would start. Bcps give me horrible hives and swells my face shut. So far so good.

I plan on keeping to my normal routine and diet for this next week. I've already kicked the caffiene habit, but alcohol can wait until I actually start stimming (stimulating follicle growth with injections of hormones). Therefore, I dutifully went to the gym this morning, took a spinning class, another 15 mins of cardio and lifted weights for another 10 until it was time to go to work. I really hope that I can keep a "normal" routine around shots and doctor visits.

At this point, the only person who knows about this IVF cycle is dh (dearest husband). I suspect I'll tell my sister soon because I need a back up driver for ER (egg retrival) or ET (embryo transfer) if it falls on the day my sister-in-law if visiting from Colorado. I haven't told my coworkers yet and my next "scheduled" doctor visit is 2nd day after AF (Aunt Flow = menses) which should fall in the work week. I am expecting the big box of meds and sharps to arrive sometime tomorrow here and work and that might be the opener to that discussion.

No comments: