19 October 2007

Fuzzy Headed

Weight: 156.6
Mood: Befuddled, tired.
Medications: Follistim 150, Menopur 150, Ganirelix Acetate 250

Now I know why most IVF blogs die out in the few days before egg retrieval. Sheesh, I just gained a sandbag around my middle. I really took it easy today at the gym and knocked off 15 minutes early. I just haven't had my normal enthusiam for life today. I almost cried at my desk today when I realized the Monday at work could only be worse.

Today I start taking Ganirelix Acetate to prevent premature ovulation and drop my Follistim a bit. Menopur is doubled but I've run out of the 30 gauge micro-needles that came with my meds. Closest thing I could get locally was 27 gauge. They look a little more intimidating, but then again I'll have to work up to 25 gauge for my inter muscular shots.

It was particularly cold out today, and like last Saturday I was pretty miserable. Seems that my achiness and lethargy are related to temperature. I am so much happier in my warm house right now.

Took my mom out to lunch today. She was lamenting the fact that her children are too busy for her. Of course, we all work, support families and have social lives outside of our birth family. I try to take my mom to lunch every other week and try to peg it to my paydays so I can treat. We went to Mill's Landing which is supposedly a fish place. Dh isn't thrilled with the place, but it is my mom's speed.

I hope I feel better tomorrow. I still want to do Spinning with Brenda. It's a stubborn thing, sticking with my routine, but I want perpetuate my good health through this process. I don't think you do yourself any favors by shocking your system with a change daily activity in addition to all these injections. Of course, we'll see how I feel these last few days.

No comments: